We are excited to be offering Telehealth appointments! Particularly during these uncertain times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to continue to offer our clients the quality care and connection we strive to foster with every in-person interaction.
Through Telehealth, you can meet with your Physio, ask questions, and have guided exercise sessions using a secure platform for video conferencing.
How can we help you during this time?
- For an Initial Assessment (if it’s your first time with us):
- you can share your Scoliosis journey
- provide education on your curve
- discuss how we can help you reach your goals during this challenging time of isolation
- prescribe exercises that you can start on, until we meet in-person at our clinics
- For existing clients, we may review:
- your pain management strategies for home
- any new Xray images that we’ve received
- your home exercise program, where we can guide you through your curve-specific exercises and provide direct feedback to you in your actual home set-up
- your work/study set-up
- how you do activities around the home
- a routine for other exercises that you can implement at home, to help you stay healthy
Is telehealth effective?
- Ample research has been done on the efficacy of Telehealth in various conditions, some notable outcomes, relatable to our clients include:
- “Comparable outcomes for the treatment of lower back pain” (Lbada et al., 2019)
- “Telehealth is effective in management of chronic spinal pain” (Cottrell et al., 2018)
We look forward to continuing to provide high quality care to those with Scoliosis, Scheuermann’s Kyphosis, and other spinal conditions despite our current isolation restrictions.