We’re aware that most cities in the world have few conservative treatment options for people with scoliosis. If you are:
- diagnosed with scoliosis or Scheuermann’s Kyphosis,
- Motivated to access scoliosis-specific treatment, and
- Residing outside of Vancouver…
…then Intensive Treatment Blocks are a great option for you!
Many of our clients travel to Vancouver to learn scoliosis-specific exercises to implement at home. We recommend booking 8-10 hours of treatment with your physiotherapist. Depending on the length of your stay, 3-4 hours per day is generally ideal to maintain maximal focus throughout the sessions.
During this time, you’ll learn:
- in-depth details about your curve
- recommendations on day-to-day activities, and sport/hobby modifications
- Schroth Method corrective positions best suited for you
- curve-specific muscle activation and breathing techniques in the corrective positions
- suggested equipment to set up your home exercise area
- appropriate core and flexibility exercises to suit your needs
You will leave with a resource binder full of detailed home exercise photos and descriptions to maximize your efforts at home.
Because we want you to maximize your experience in Vancouver, we’ve created a detailed package that includes:
- Frequently asked questions about our treatments at The ScoliClinic
- Suggested accommodations for your stay in Vancouver
- Our favourite places to eat around the clinic (because delicious nourishment is so important while learning and moving)
- Recommended activities to do outside of treatment time (we think Vancouver is awesome, and would love you to experience it too)
*Please note* – to ensure we reserve enough time for you that works with your schedule, please contact us at least 6 weeks before your planned trip.
To receive our comprehensive informational package about Intensive Treatment Blocks, please enter your email below, or call us to see if this option is right for you.