accepting kids, teens, and adults
WHY do I work at The ScoliClinic?
Initially, I was drawn to The ScoliClinic because of the opportunity to work with teens AND adults who have spinal conditions. Throughout my life, I’ve enjoyed participating in sports and going on outdoor adventures. Inevitably, my active lifestyle has led me to experience several injuries along the way, all of which have taught me to deeply value physical independence and mobility.
Over the past few years with The ScoliClinic, I’ve developed a passion for helping those with lifelong conditions by utilizing conservative treatment approaches. The long-term therapeutic relationships that I’ve developed with my clients have been rewarding in countless ways. I believe that knowledge really is power, so I love that our Physiotherapy sessions allow the time and space to focus on scoliosis education, which helps clients address their symptoms and prevent their spinal curves from progressing with age.
Teamwork and collaboration are high on my values list, and our team’s Wisdom Wednesday meetings and weekly mentoring sessions allow me to exchange ideas and gain support from others on our team.
The following courses have expanded my skill set for working with people with scoliosis and other spinal conditions:
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling – Level 2 – November 2019
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling – Level 1 – October 2018
- International Schroth 3D Scoliosis Therapy, Part 2 – January 2018
- International Schroth 3D Scoliosis Therapy, Part 1 – October 2017
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy: Level 1 (2017)
- UBC Master of Physical Therapy, 2017
My time with The ScoliClinic has been rewarding thus far, and I look forward to what the future brings.